This is the very first viking banjo wood rim. You will notice that you can see the pegs and that they are off center after that rim has been turned. This rim sounded great. We learned that having the pegs exposes looked cool but was causing problems when being turned on the lathe. The lathe bit would hit the pegs hard and this was not good for the tool. Also we did not use a press to glue this one so the glue joints are not perfectly tight.
This is the final version. We shortened the pegs as to not show through after the lathe has turned it ready to fit a JD Crow tone ring and flange. We also changed the height of the blocks so that after turning on the lathe, the blocks had a uniform size.